Friday, June 12, 2015

CHIT CHAT WITH 4EVA22: ACCESSORY DESIGNER IJEURE ONWADIKE

IJEURE ONWADIKE

This week, i had a chit chat with accessory designer Ijeure Onwadike. I love her pieces they are really creative and original if you know me well I love anything handmade, for me handmade is the best made, I like when a designer puts in time to create  a piece, it’s more value for your money and timeless.

#Tell us about Ur brand

My name is Ijeure Onwadike; I am a milliner and the Creative Director Urezkulture. It's an accessories Brand of timeless, fabulous show stopping pieces. Although am a Project Manager by profession, I am also a craftholic. I choose my talent over my career, Urezkulture is my baby...

#What inspires you

I draw inspiration from a lot of things, colours on a bird, shape of a tree branch, sea animals, nature and life in general.

#Have you won any awards

I won Accessories Designer of the year 2014 at the Lagos fashion awards.

#What is your design aesthetics

I make statement pieces that are chic, unique, fabulous and show stopping.

#What are your hobbies

I love my work so am allowed to call it a hobby then cooking and tennis. 

#Fears

Heights and injections.

#Favourite colour

Orange

#If you were not a designer, what would you be

A Detective.

#You cannot be caught dead in

Over sized clothes. As a well-endowed woman, I have tried to master the cuts and styles that flatter my body type. I don't like adding extra volume to my frame.

#Favourite saying

"The only time you should look back is to see how far you have come"

#As a wife and mother of 3, how do you cope

It's hard to do both really well alone, but I can say that God has been faithful, my husband is very understandable and mum is always ready as back up when am not there. I can say that am blessed with a great support team.

#Must have

That should be my jeans and Ankara pieces ranging from jewelry to dresses, jumpsuits, crop tops , skirts, bags and footwear. Am an Ankara lover.

#Top Accessory trends in 2015

This season we are seeing a lot of statement pieces from shoes to  bags, belts, and even jewelry

#Who are your favourite style icons

Diane, Princess of Wales, Jennifer Lopez and Kate Middleton.

#Where do you see yourself in five years

I see my brand being a household name in Nigeria and also gaining more international recognition.


 

 






With Best Regards,
Creative Director,
UrezKulture,
Facebook @Urezkulture.
Instagram: @Urezkulture
Email: urezkulture@gmail.com.
Instagram: @Urezkulture.


2 comments:

  1. Ure is really a great and talented accessory designer but it just doesn't stop there. She's one humble, nice and lovely lady with an infectious personality. Congrats dear on your award, it's well deserved. Nice interview Chioma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the feature dear. God bless.

    ReplyDelete