Saturday, August 22, 2015

CHIT CHAT WITH RADIO PERSONALITY KRISTEN O. OGBODO-WAAPERA AKA LADY B

KRISTEN O. OGBODO-WAAPERA AKA LADY B

I have been off blogging for a while, thanks to my new project which has been quite tasking. Notwithstanding I found time to sit down to a chit chat with one of Abuja’s finest radio presenter Kristen O. Ogbodo-Waapera best known as Laby B. She is the host of ...Clean bill Tuesdays 7-7:30pm, what’s on the Menu Thursdays7-8pm and Love circle, Saturday’s 8-9am Vision 92.1Fm. I have on several occasions been called upon to feature on some of her shows and I must say it’s always an exciting time being on air with Lady B. This year, the 29-year-old has plans to take broadcasting to another level.  We chatted about taking a risk in her career, plans for the future, and taking over the broadcasting world…
                                                Chioma Igbokwe & Lady B

Tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Kristen Blessing olije Waapera aka LADYB....English graduate, fashionista, OAP, voice over artist, friend, helper, wife, enthusiast, and music crooner. 
Who inspires you?
My inspiration comes from within actually, but it's all tied to the fact that I love talking to and with people.
Lady B of Vision 92.1 FM Abuja
                             

How did you launch a career in broadcasting?

My radio career started in 2009 while serving the country, NYSC .I was attached to a media house then in Kaduna. It's actually a family affair really my two elder brothers are media personalities!

What do you feel has been your biggest achievement to date, what’s been your career highlight to date?

Hmmm... My biggest achievement is becoming a News genius and the impact I make each time I have the opportunity to talk especially in relationship matters. My show family circle is a huge success with lots of listeners. Media/radio is a great tool through which lives are changed informed by decisions made when I talk. It's the best feeling ever. It's deep! Highlights are...I produce programmes, jingles, ads, voice overs, promos, editing...etc.

Radio broadcasting is a time consuming career how do you find time for leisure?

How I manage...Anytime am off radio...I rest with family. The slightest time I have, I rest...It's not so much as long as i love what I do, it's no problem.
Lady B

You have the nicest husband how did you guys meet?

Funny and unbelievable we met on phone...I know...  it's strange or maybe weird... but a naughty friend gave my contact to him and it all started and now we married...lol

You both have such busy work schedules, how do you make it work?

We make time out of our busy schedule...no matter what. Trust me there is enough time.

Barr. Bem Waapera & Mrs Kristen Waapera

What do you love about your career?

I love the fact that I impact people's lives, simple!

And what would you change if you could?

Wow...what to change would be the very poor state of salary for journalist... lol! It could be better if media is seen for what it is because journalists who go out are often not well paid... I have to call a spade a spade. Even for we OAP'S it could be better too...*winks*

I know you are a fashionable person what’s your 5 must have list?

Lip gloss, A good Handbag or a clutch, needle and thread, & nail polish.


As a Broadcaster who is that broadcaster that inspires you?

My role models are Ryan Seacrest and Oprah Winfrey. They are just spectacular

Ryan Seacrest

Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Where I see myself is TV... Oprah Winfrey’s kind of show.

Oprah Winfery

If u were not a broadcaster what would u have become?

A fashion Designer! I love fashion, or maybe a Banker Even though I’m on it, its tough combining both but I think I would have been a full time designer...

What are your tips for young people who fancy a career as a Radio presenter?

My advice is as long as you love talking...and you have a passion for the job… stay focused and stay the course because the offer might be low but as become better, people will look for you!


Finally who is your 4eva22 pick?

My 4eva22 is Jada Pickett because she is a strong African American woman and her husband is cute...lol!
Jada Pinkett Smith is Flawless/4eva22 at 43

                                             
With Best Regards,
Radio Personality: Kristen O. Ogbodo-Waapera AKA Laby B
Twitter: @olije246
Email: olije4m @yahoo.com




No comments:

Post a Comment